0 Have your say From: James Bovington, Horsforth. WE have had immediate support from our two major European allies France and Germany in confronting Russia over the Novichok episode in Salisbury. So how does Theresa May thank them? By pressing on with the insanity of a Brexit that she knows will harm our country’s standing, economy and interests, simply to keep the right of her party onside. If anyone is treasonous, it is the Brexiteers putting their isolationist xenophobic agenda before our national interest.Brexit is madness. It was supported by only 37 per cent of the total UK electorate. It will deny our young people the right to embrace a future in which they can contribute to the development of our continent. It could make treatment of cancer more difficult. It’s a symptom of a nasty inward-looking philosophy which threatens to break up the union with Scotland. Membership of the EU and Nato is part of the post-war architecture that has guaranteed the stability of both our country and our continent yet we are throwing it away. For what? The spectre of trade deals infinitely worse than those that we already have. All former prime ministers oppose it – maybe… Read full this story
- Britain's 'declaration of independence': Boris Johnson publishes his 110-page Brexit Withdrawal Bill (with 124 pages of explanatory notes) just hours before MPs start to debate it - as he bids to push it through Parliament in THREE DAYS
- Scotland and Brexit: 'People are embarrassed over what their friends from the EU have to go through'
- Defiant Boris Johnson reveals he will get around Remainer law by telling EU leaders NOT to delay Brexit past Oct 31 and will refuse to negotiate extension - after MPs pass Oliver Letwin's Brexit-wrecking amendment by 322 to 306 votes
- UK's Boris Johnson promises MPs 'new golden age' after Brexit
- Fury as 'poor man's Cromwell' Speaker John Bercow BLOCKS fresh bid by Boris Johnson to trigger a 'meaningful' vote on his Brexit deal - leaving PM facing a 'Titanic Tuesday' showdown
- No10 warns Brexit deal could be DEAD if Labour and Remainers force through customs union amendment - as Boris Johnson faces week of 'guerrilla warfare' with Speaker John Bercow set to block him from holding crunch vote again today
- Can Boris Johnson get his Brexit deal past MPs, will there be a second referendum or will there be a No Deal departure on October 31? All your questions answered ahead of another baffling week in Westminster
- ‘This daughter of immigrants needs no lectures from the north London, metropolitan, liberal elite’: Home Secretary Priti Patel vows to end freedom of movement 'once and for all' after Brexit
- UK’s superb spooks would never hold back info that would save lives, but EU chiefs MUST be reminded how we keep them safe as we start Brexit talks
- 'He's gone Kamikaze': Boris Johnson faces EU fury as he prepares to unveil 'final offer' Brexit blueprint TODAY that would see 'two borders for four years' - warning No Deal is the only alternative
YP Letters: Madness of Brexit is no way to thank our staunch EU allies have 496 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at September 12, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.