WorldSuper Typhoon Jebi, a Category 5 storm that’s become the world’s most powerful in 2018, is threatening Japan early next week, with threats to major cities Kyoto, Kobe, and Tokyo.Japan’s main island, Honsho, home to the country’s largest cities, is at risk for up to a foot of rain from Typhoon Jebi, according to the forecast updates. “Rainfall flooding, high winds, battering waves and coastal flooding are expected as Jebi pushes ashore around Tuesday, local time,” according to The Weather Channel.Typhoon Jebi’s path and track update suggests the storm will likely aprroach Japan on Monday or early Tuesday next week, but it won’t be at current strength. However, warnings will likely be issued for much of Japan by late this week since Jebi is expected to strike the country at Typhoon strength — likely category 1 or 2.The latest forecast update for Jebi suggests that typhoon will approach Japan early Tuesday with winds of around 100 miles per hour, according to The Weather Channel. The storm is currently tracking in a northwest pattern but is expected to turn more to the north, heading straight for Japan — likely making landfall over Honsho.Recommended Slideshows76The Most Powerful Military Forces in the World59The 25 Most Powerful… Read full this story
- Most Japan firms affected by typhoons, want Abe government to spend more: Reuters survey
- Rugby World Cup chiefs finally admit England game with France is OFF due to typhoon Hagibis
- Typhoon Hagibis Surges in Northern Pacific, Will Affect Guam, Mariana Islands and Possibly Japan
- Japan struggles with flood relief efforts as death toll climbs
- Japan 'quietly and efficiently' recovers from Typhoon Hagibis
- Powerful typhoon to make landfall in south-central region
- Rugby World Cup: England on red alert over hurricane that will hit Tokyo on the day they land in Japan
- Japan upgrades status of Typhoon Hagibis to access reserve funds, take on reconstruction
- Tokyo readies for the rise of the 'guerrilla rainstorm'
- Destiny 2 Dead Ghosts: All Lost Dead Ghost Locations In Shadowkeep
Super Typhoon Jebi Path, Track Update: When Will Typhoon Hit Japan (Kyoto, Kobe, Tokyo)? have 324 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 1, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.