The McLaren 720S may officially compete against the likes of the Lamborghini Huracan and Ferrari 488 GTB, but it offers near-hypercar levels of performance.
Instagram user The Kyza has used this point as inspiration to design a legitimate hypercar based around the all-conquering McLaren.
Before we discuss the car in too much detail, it’s worth noting that there’s absolutely no chance McLaren will transform the 720S into a legitimate hypercar. Sure, an LT-branded version is almost inevitable, but the void left by the departure of the P1 will be filled by the long-awaited Speedtail.
With that out of the way, let’s discuss the 720S pictured. It is crazy. Not just a little bit crazy, but more in-your-face crazy and scarier that a serial killer stalking you through your local park.
Viewed from the rear, we can see the supercar has been adorned with flared wheel arches and a set of very wide wheels and tires. The sides also consist of bold side skirts with large aerodynamic fins to help the car slice through the air.
For the most part, the rear fascia is the same as any other 720S. However, the engine cover and decklid are entirely new and include a prominent shark fin as well as aggressive air outlets to let the engine cool off.
Up front, the changes continue with air louvers on the wheel arches, headlights inspired by the Lamborghini Terzo Millennio, and a front fascia and splitter with jagged edges and eye-catching surfaces. The angular surfaces of the front are somewhat at odds with the flowing lines at the rear, but there’s no arguing with the dramatic effect they have on the car’s looks.
- Hakkinen met McLaren in 10 uur van Suzuka
- ACM Awards: Old Dominion Reflects on 'Really Good' Group of the Year Win
- Spain digs itself out of snow in the aftermath of Storm Gloria that has killed eight people and battered coastal towns in country’s worst storm for 30 years
- Hear a Grammy-Nominated Jazz Saxophonist Cover ‘Old Town Road’
- Paradise Residents Speak Out After Deadly Wildfire Ravages California Town: 'We Have Nothing'
- Rob Kardashian sweetly corrects daughter Dream as she recites lyrics to Old Town Road amid bitter custody battle with Blac Chyna
- Here's What Went Down at Spotify's Best New Artist Party With Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X, Rosalia and More
- Grateful Dead Drummer: Jerry Garcia ‘Wasn’t Really Happy Playing’ at Band’s End
- Tension in Karimnagar town
- Taylor Swift reveals her mother has developed a brain tumor while battling breast cancer and that it's a 'really hard time for us as a family'