New evidence has come to light which points to Gary Speed’s fight with depression dated back more than 25 years. In 2011 the former Leeds United midfielder was found hanged in his garage by his wife. Friends and family couldn’t put their finger on why he’d taken his life. But today a new book titled ‘the untold story by his family’ was published by close friend and journalist John Richardson which revealed how as a teenager he considered ending it all. While looking for pictures Gary’s wife Louise came across a letter that she had received when Speed was at Leeds United. In the letter Gary told his schoolgirl sweet heart that he hoped to go to sleep and never wake up. He was just 17 years old when he wrote the letter. Richardson sees the letter as a sign that the former Sheffield United player had been dealing with depression since his time at Elland Road. An inquest into Gary’s death said he didn’t commit suicide but it could have been a dramatic gesture. For more information or if you know of anyone who would like advice or support about a mental health problem, you can visit any of… Read full this story
- Come Explore the Healing Power of Pets With This New Book!
- Author Margaret Atwood, 79, denies 'dumbing down' amid claims she made her new book The Testaments 'easier to read' than The Handmaid's Tale to suit TV viewers
- REPORT: Madonna Spotted Getting Cozy With 25-Year-Old Ahlamalik Williams
- The whale that is 25 years OLDER than the USA: Scientists discover mammal with the longest lifespan – which could have been swimming around the Arctic for 268 years
- Victoria's Secret vet Jill Goodacre, 55, still looks stunning as she gets a kiss from her husband of 25 years Harry Connick Jr: 'True love'
- Mariah Carey's song All I Want For Christmas Is You hits No. 1 for the first time... 25 years after its initial release
- After 25 years on the air, radio legend Tom Joyner signs off
- 'Pure evil' ex-football coach Bob Higgins, 66, is jailed for 24 years after grooming and abusing 24 young players over 25 years as police say more potential victims have come forward
- 25 crazy Premier League facts you didn't know, to celebrate 25 years of the Premier League
- David Wojnarowicz: still fighting prejudice 24 years after his death
New book reveals Gary Speed could have been fighting depression for over 25 years have 389 words, post on www.itv.com at September 20, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.