MONACO’s Russian owner could well face his compatriot Roman Abramovich in the Premier League soon, as he sizes up potential Premier League clubs. Dmitry Rybolovlev is reportedly listening to offers from investors based in the United States and United Arab Emirates, with a view to use the profits to buy an English club in the future. The Russian billionaire has made Monaco a financially successful club, since acquiring his majority stake in 2011. At the time, the side were struggling in Ligue 2 but in the seven interim years they have had domestic and European success. According to Le10sport, Monaco are starting to receive concrete interest from potential investors. But the new owner would no doubt need the royal seal of approval. Rybolovlev purchased a 66 per-cent stake in the club in 2011, which was approved by Monaco royalty who own the remaining 34 per-cent. And was subsequently appointed president The club have been transformed in the interim years, with them being hailed a true Champions League power, having adopted a transfer policy of buying low and selling high. However, the mass exodus in recent years that saw the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Benjamin Mendy and Bernardo Silva leave for… Read full this story
- Do Premier League clubs need to sign homegrown players?
- Three Premier League clubs who should take a gamble on Stoke City star
- Five free agents Premier League club could still sign for free
- Brighton set to become first Premier League club to welcome back fans and could let 2,500 supporters in this weekend
- Three Premier League clubs who can gamble on forgotten former Premier League star
- Aston Villa and Newcastle among SIX Premier League clubs chasing Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster on loan transfer
- David Alaba: Premier League clubs keen on Bayern Munich defender
- David Brooks: Premier League clubs wait on Bournemouth midfielder
- George Floyd death: Liverpool and Chelsea among Premier League clubs to show support for Black Lives Matter movement
- Washington Football Team's minority partners 'push majority owner Dan Snyder to sell the $3.4billion club' following Redskins name change and hostile work environment accusations
Monaco owner Dmitry Rybolovlev considering selling up and buying Premier League club have 348 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 26, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.