Sep 04, 2:43 AM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury World By Suman Varandani @suman09 09/04/18 AT 2:10 AM Typhoon Jebi, the most powerful tropical storm to hit Japan in 25 years, made landfall in Tokushima Prefecture in western part of the country early Tuesday. The Meteorological Agency issued warning of heavy rains and strong winds in both the western and eastern regions of the country.More than 600 flights were canceled and fear of heavy flooding and mudslides prompted evacuation plans for almost 300,000 people. Orders were issued in some areas of Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Wakayama prefectures. The typhoon, which has been categorized as “very strong,” was traveling 37 miles south of Cape Muroto in Kochi Prefecture, western Japan, at a speed of about 27 miles per hour. The Japan Meteorological Agency said it had sustained winds of 100 miles per hour with gusts to 134 mph.Kansai Airport in Tajiri was inundated due to the storm surge of Jebi.Top government spokesman Yoshihide Suga reportedly encouraged the public to “evacuate early” and said the government will “take all possible means” for crisis preparedness.All Nippon Airways Co. and Japan Airlines Co. canceled 289 and 180 flights, respectively. In the city of Osaka, the Universal Studios… Read full this story
- Fortnite V-Bucks scam warning issued by police as gamers lose THOUSANDS to fraudsters
- CHILD SAFETY Fortnite WARNING issued by NSPCC for parents whose kids play hit video game
- What’s the difference between a typhoon, cyclone and hurricane and what are they?
- At least 18 people are killed and more than a million evacuated as Typhoon Lekima hits China
- Nintendo Direct delayed following earthquake in Hokkaido, Japan
- Extreme snow hits most parts of Canada
- Police warn over Fortnite game as fraud victims ‘lose £146 EACH’ on fake V-Bucks
- Storms are what make Mad Max worth playing
- 70 Ring of Fire earthquakes hit in just 48 hours – sparking fears ‘the Big One’ is about to hit California
- Weekly Shonen Jump possibly delayed due to Typhoon
Japan Typhoon Jebi Videos, Photos: Warnings Issued As Powerful Storm Hits have 311 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at September 4, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.