Forbes magazine contributor Lorenzo Montanari notes in a recent op-ed that President Donald Trump’s tweet about South Africa’s new policy of “expropriation without compensation” has exposed that land reform policy as a Venezuela-style scam. Montanari, who is director of international programs and affairs for Americans for Tax Reform, notes that South African President Cyril Ramaphosa’s attempt to defend the land reform policy from Trump’s implied criticism made matters worse rather than better by promising that expropriation without compensation would make land use more profitable.He writes (original links): Ramaphosa paints the issue as one of race-equity and creating equality of opportunity. He told the Financial Times [in response to Trump] “What [we] now want to do is to unlock the utilisation of our land by spreading it among our people — so that the land can be properly and usefully utilised for the majority of our people.” Except the facts tell a different story. Nothing could be further from the truth. Seizing white owned farm land and redistributing it to Black farmers does not equate to equality of opportunity or ensure that it will be “properly and usefully utilized”. It is a government power grab that ensures the poor will become poorer as opportunities… Read full this story
- Hockey World Cup 2018: Canada vs South Africa
- Belgium vs South Africa: Preview, Prediction, Telecast, Date, Start time and Where to Watch online
- Pakistan recall Mohammad Amir, Fakhar Zaman and Shadab Khan for South Africa Test Series
- South Africa vs Pakistan 2019 Schedule: Complete Timetable, Match Timings, Download PDF of SA vs PAK 2019 Fixtures
- South Africa vs Pakistan 2018-19, 2nd Test: South Africa need 41 runs to go 2-0 up in the series
- South Africa beat Pakistan at Johannesburg and seal 3-0 whitewash
- ICC World Cup: A look at the significant stats from India vs South Africa matches at the showpiece event
- South Africa: 1973-2017 Historical Data now available
- Golf: Eagle on 17 propels Schwartzel into South Africa Open second...
- South Africa: The only country where India are yet to win a Test series
Forbes Contributor: South Africa Following Venezuela’s Path to Failure have 345 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 4, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.