Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday became the latest ex-Trump official or surrogate to blast Bob Woodward’s book, calling it “incorrect” and lacking “standard fact-checking.” “To be clear, a number of the statements attributed to me and from others to me in the Woodward book are incorrect,” Christie said on Twitter. “I would have been happy to correct them if Mr. Woodward or any member of his staff would have called me, as a person they were quoting, for standard fact-checking,” he said. In Woodward’s book — “Fear” — published Tuesday, The Washington Post reporter wrote that Trump accused Christie of “stealing from me” and feared that the transition team was “jinxing” his chances of winning the 2016 election. In one passage, Woodward said that then-candidate Trump called Christie to Trump Tower in New York along with campaign CEO Steve Bannon. Trump was incensed to learn that Christie, whom he made head of his transition team in May 2016, was raising money for the group’s operations. “Where the [expletive] is the money?” Trump asked Christie, according to Woodward. “I need money for my campaign. “I’m putting money in my campaign and you’re [expletive] stealing from me,” he supposedly… Read full this story
- Beyond Bob Dylan: authors, poets and musicians pick their favourite songwriter
- 'Unprecedented hostility': Murdoch, the government, and an ABC under attack
- John Kasich’s Campaign Against Trump Never Stopped. And It Won’t Till 2020.
- Town Says Donald Trump Owes Them $19K / Jerry Sandusky's Son Arrested / Spring Forecast Released
- Democrats praise Romney for breaking with GOP on convicting Trump
- Every one of the 18 actors nominated in the BAFTA Film Awards 2020 is white
- ‘We Are the World’: A Minute-by-Minute Breakdown
- Eminem’s ‘Revival’: A Track-by-Track Guide
- Events guide: What's on in Marlborough
- The Gold Lamé Dream of Bette Midler
Chris Christie Joins Chorus Slamming Woodward Book have 295 words, post on www.newsmax.com at September 11, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.