The process for choosing a new Welsh Labour leader has begun after Carwyn Jones formally notified party leaders of his intention to step down. He’s written to the chair of Welsh Labour confirming that he’ll step down as leader on December 6th. He also confirmed he will resign as First Minister following his weekly question session on December 11th. Read more: Welsh Labour set for leadership vote change Sorry, this content isn’t available on your device. Carwyn Jones announced his decision in the Spring. He has also confirmed that he will officially step down from the position on December 11. Read more: First Minister makes conference farewell – and says PM should go too In the letter he says he wants the party to have ‘the space to debate and agree the method for electing the new leader before the formal process begins.’ He continues: ”I know the procedures committee has agreed a timetable that allows foe the election to begin immediately on receipt f this letter and end with a ballot declaration on the evening of Thursday 6th December.” Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford, Welsh Language Minister Eluned Morgan, and Health Secretary Vaughan Gething have already declared their wish to… Read full this story
- How Eddie Jones rebuilt England
- Jones Fracture: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- SXSW 2013: No New Twitter, but Marketing and Hardware Stand Out
- Luton boss Graeme Jones: How I learnt from early failure
- Organ donation: most are willing to give, so why is there a donor shortage?
- Why You Feel Dizzy When You Stand Up
- FTC Commissioner Talks Online Privacy, Puts Data Brokers on Notice
- China's Appetite for Spam Is Wrecking U.S. Waterways
- Snapchat Must Either Grow Up or Risk Disappearing
- N.F.L.’s Aerial Focus Changes Positions Off the Ball, Too
Carwyn Jones gives formal notice of intention to stand down have 289 words, post on www.itv.com at September 26, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.