Before the Philadelphia Eagles begin their quest for a repeat, they’ll have one more celebration. The first Super Bowl banner in franchise history will be unveiled in front of a sellout crowd that waited seemingly forever to witness the moment. Then it’s on to defending their crown. Coach Doug Pederson and his veteran players have preached throughout the offseason the importance of moving forward and focusing on the present if the Eagles are going to have any chance of becoming the ninth team to repeat as Super Bowl champs. Top Sports: Serena, Venus Williams Face Off at US Open Sarah Stier/Getty Images They have a tough opponent Thursday night in the NFL opener. The Atlanta Falcons were 2 yards away from knocking the Eagles out of the playoffs in the divisional round, but Matt Ryan’s pass to Julio Jones fell incomplete in the right corner of the end zone. “It’s going to be a great night,” Pederson said. “The fans are going to be crazy and they’re going to be excited. It’s going to be great for the banner to be dropped. It’s going to be a great atmosphere. This football team, though, they understand this is a different season…. Read full this story
- Division 4 Super Bowl: Melrose finally wins first title
- Trey Wingo Gets Far Too Loud As He Defends The Lowest-Scoring Super Bowl Ever
- The Woke Guide to the Super Bowl: If You’re Rooting for the New England Patriots, You’re Rooting for Trump
- NFL trade deadline comes and goes, Eagles do (almost) nothing
- How the Super Bowl halftime show gets set up in just six minutes
- We deconstructed the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Super Bowl trailer in search of spoilers
- Oh God, What If The Patriots Win A SEVENTH Title?!
- Why Your Team Sucks 2019: Atlanta Falcons
- Why Your Team Sucks 2019: Philadelphia Eagles
- The Eagles Have Everything Set Up
After First Ever Super Bowl Banner Goes Up, Eagles Start Title Defense Vs. Falcons have 309 words, post on www.necn.com at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.