Email Updated August 30, 2018 16:14:42 Photo: Barnaby Joyce and Tony Abbott have been given new roles within the Government. (ABC News) Related Story: Could their new jobs mean Abbott and Joyce have a section 44 problem? Related Story: After days of hesitation, Tony Abbott looks set to accept Indigenous Affairs job Map: Australia Barnaby Joyce and Tony Abbott have been asked to serve as special envoys under Prime Minister Scott Morrison.Mr Joyce has been appointed the special envoy for drought assistance and recovery, while Mr Abbott will be the special envoy for Indigenous affairs.Here’s what that means and why they’ve been given the job.What is a special envoy?A special envoy’s job is to act as an advocate and advisor for their specific cause.It is not a ministerial position — Mr Joyce and Mr Abbott are not official members of Mr Morrisons’ ministry — but it is a high-profile job that will require good communication and negotiation skills.What will Barnaby Joyce do?As special envoy for drought assistance and recovery, Mr Joyce will work to help regional Australians affected by the drought. External Link: Tweet by Barnaby Joyce: I am so excited about helping further with the drought. He will travel… Read full this story
- Indonesia responds cautiously after Tony Abbott says spying will continue
- No agreement with Indonesia to stop spying, says Tony Abbott
- Tony Abbott says he has no evidence Australian spies have acted outside law
- Tony Abbott welcomes Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's roadmap to restore ties
- Tony Yoka given suspended ban over missed doping tests
- Mancini given job of rebuilding Italy
- Tony Bellew wants Andre Ward out of retirement for cruiserweight battle in UK
- Andre Ward agrees to come out of retirement and fight Tony Bellew after call-out following David Haye fight
- In The Irish News: Apr 10 1998: Derry ace Tony Scullion relishing Rules challenge
- Mark Dreyfus on spying revelations: 'The media has a job to publish news'
What do special envoys do and why have Barnaby Joyce and Tony Abbott been given the job? have 325 words, post on www.abc.net.au at August 30, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.