Protesters disapproved of Spain’s King Felipe’s visit to Barcelona on Friday. The King arrived to pay tribute to those who lost their lives in the Barcelona terror attack one year ago. Pro-independence protesters hung a banner from a building in the city centre to show their objection to his visit. The families of the victims had asked for a truce between the regional pro-independence government and the Madrid government ahead of the anniversary of the tragedy. In August 2017, a man driving a truck killed 14 civilians and injured over 100 when he rammed into pedestrians on La Ramblas in central Barcelona. Two civilians later lost their lives during the attacker’s escape and in Cambrils the following day. Families and friends of the victims laid down flowers on the boulevard to mark the anniversary of the tragedy.
- La Liga live on Sky: Barcelona v Villarreal and Granada v Real Madrid
- Shopkeepers of Shaheen Bagh meet senior police officials over anti-CAA protest
- Donald Trump does a namastey - watch here
- Barcelona goes into lockdown as Spain follows Italy by declaring a state of emergency with military brought in to contain coronavirus across Ibiza, Majorca and Costa Blanca region
- Barcelona’s Chief Rabbi To His Community: You Are Doomed Because Spain Will Not Confront Radical Islam
- Messi, Suarez fit to start ‘fundamental’ week for Barcelona
- Greta Thunberg UK visit: 30,000 turn out to see climate change activist in Bristol
- Britain awaits a Brexit Party landslide as Europe votes in EU elections: Counting gets underway in UK as Farage boasts he'll be 'king maker' in Tory leadership battle
- Spain shuts ALL schools as deaths jump 80% in a day and Queen Letizia is tested for coronavirus after kissing minister who has since been diagnosed with the bug
- UK flights to Malaga and Alicante TURN BACK mid-flight after Spain declared state of emergency and warned British tourists already in the country 'Don't act as if you're on holiday' by ignoring the country's coronavirus crisis
Watch: Protesters object to Spanish King's Barcelona visit have 319 words, post on www.euronews.com at August 17, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.