President Donald Trump, in an interview airing Thursday, insisted that his former personal attorney Michael Cohen “made the deals” to pay hush money to adult film actress Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal, but the campaign finance violation charges he pleaded guilty to “aren’t even a crime.” “They weren’t campaign finance,” Trump told Fox News’ “Fox and Friends” co-host Ainsley Earhardt. “He pled to two counts that aren’t a crime, which nobody understands. I watched a number of shows. Sometimes you get good information by watching shows. Those two counts aren’t a crime. They weren’t campaign finance.” He also told Earhardt that he didn’t know about the payments until “later on.” “What he did, and they weren’t taken out of campaign finance, that’s a big thing,” he said. “That’s a much bigger thing…they came from me.” And as the money came from him, it’s not a violation, said Trump. Trump also denied being close with Cohen, and said he doesn’t “know if he is a fixer” because he doesn’t know where that term came from. “He didn’t do big deals,” the president said. “Did small deals. [He was] not somebody that was with me that much. They make… Read full this story
- Jerry Falwell DENIES report Michael Cohen helped resolve blackmail attempt over racy photos, saying jailed Trump lawyer never represented him in 'any legal or other professional capacity'
- Trump blasts Mueller probe as 'attack on our country'
- Al Green: Trump Must ‘Resign’ or ‘Face Impeachment’ for ‘Harming Society’
- 'Give him all the grace he needs!' Pastor prays over Trump as he goes to church (for 11 minutes) on national 'Special Day of Prayer' Billy Graham's son designated to ask God to 'protect' the president from political enemies
- Billy Graham's famous preacher son says Americans should pray to God this Sunday to 'protect' Trump from enemies who want to 'destroy him and pull down the presidency'
- Why pro-Trump Spurs fans are abandoning the team
- Trump chides Giuliani to 'get his facts straight' on Stormy
- Obamacare: Has Trump managed to kill off Affordable Care Act?
- Facebook fired an employee accused of using privileged access to 'stalk women' on Tinder
- Obamacare: The big election issue that's not Trump
Trump: Cohen's Payments to 2 Women 'Aren't Even a Crime' have 375 words, post on www.newsmax.com at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.