PUBLISHED: 13:58 05 August 2018 | UPDATED: 13:58 05 August 2018 Jason Noble Local democracy reporter Positive Futures has been delivering sports in Ipswich Picture: CATCH 22, POSITIVE FUTURES Catch22, Suffolk Positive Futures An Ipswich sports club has secured £3,000 in grant funding from the borough council to continue delivering free sports activities for youngsters. Ipswich Borough Council’s north west area committee approved the £3,000 grant at its latest meeting, which will go to Suffolk Positive Futures and Whitton Sports Centre.The cash will be used to support a sports project for girls on Friday evenings and a Wednesday afternoon football project, both of which will be held at Whitton Sports Centre.The borough council’s report said Suffolk Positive Futures’ programme has been running there for 18 months and is “designed to reach families experiencing financial hardship that might otherwise be excluded from sports”.It added the project aims to make waves on “reducing crime and youth violence in local communities while promoting positive emotional wellbeing”.
- 5 takeaways: Debate on Eli Manning's future with Giants continues its roller coaster ride
- Begin the new year with positive focus at art-themed Japanese writing session
- Social security: Fed Govt takes interest-free microcredit loans to grassroots
- Global Security Exchange (GSX) Exhibit Hall to Spotlight Innovations and Trends Shaping Security
- Charles Leclerc storms to fourth consecutive pole position
- What are the Sixers' biggest needs left in free agency?
- As Union struggles continue, season ticket holders approach renewal with discretion
- Cork moving on from the past, plotting the future
- Africa: Namibia Finally Pens Africa Free Trade Deal
- Nigeria Now Ready to Sign Africa Free Trade Deal
Suffolk Positive Futures secures grant to continue free sports sessions in Whitton have 252 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at August 5, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.