KNOWING how to quell a supermarket tantrum, learning what emojis mean and memorising the names of TV characters are among the top ‘hacks’ every parent should take time to master, it has emerged. Researchers who carried out a detailed study also found knowing the secret to getting children to eat their five-a-day also featured as an essential parental know-how. How to make the perfect pancake, how to remove chewing gum from hair and being able to tell when a child should go from a car seat to a booster seat were also deemed vital pieces of information. How to effectively control screen time and having more than a basic understanding of what different emojis mean also made the list. The Bassetts Vitamins research, which polled 2,000 mums, dads and carers, also highlighted secrets to successful family meal times; including how to get kids to eat their greens and knowing when to ‘pick your battles’. Skye Lucas-Banks from Bassetts Vitamins said: “When it comes to parenting, we know first-hand that it can sometimes feel like you’re caught in the cross-fire of everyday challenges – from tantrums and fussy eating, to gum-in-hair and other parental pleasures. “So, when we find a tip,… Read full this story
- If you ride Muni, you need to learn the rules
- Americans need to learn to listen again, reader says
- Texas: Students need to learn about Helen Keller. Don't remove her.
- Trump's parents and siblings: What do we know of them?
- 'Where would we put them?' parents of those with special needs wonder about seating shortage
- Parents, not just teachers, must help kids learn
- Louisville football: Cards need to learn how to win
- Naperville North soccer has learned to deal with pressure
- Interested in becoming a foster parent? L.A. County children need you
- Editorial: Trump needs to learn assault is no joking matter
Parents reveal their top ‘hacks’ every mum and dad needs to know from learning emojis to dealing with a supermarket tantrum have 312 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 29, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.