Iranian President Hassan Rouhani abruptly reversed his position on talks with the United States on Monday, just hours before tough U.S. sanctions went back into effect. After a week of arrogantly dismissing President Donald Trump’s offer of direct talks, Rouhani said he was willing to negotiate with the United States “right now,” without preconditions. “I don’t have preconditions. If the U.S. government is willing, let’s start right now. If there is sincerity, Iran has always welcomed dialogue and negotiations,” Rouhani said in an interview with Iranian state-run television.That’s a very different tune than the one Rouhani was singing just a week ago when he sneered that talking with Trump was pointless because “the decisions of the new U.S. administration are fleeting.” “Based on our bad experiences in negotiations with America and based on the U.S. officials’ violation of their commitments, it is natural that we see no value in Trump’s proposal,” the head of Iran’s Strategic Council on Foreign Relations added. Iranian officials stipulated all sorts of preconditions the U.S. would have to meet before talks would be considered, such as “respecting the Iranian nation’s rights, reducing hostilities and returning to the nuclear deal,” in the words of a top… Read full this story
- UK urged to take Iran to international court over woman's jail sentence
- Iran votes to elect President
- Iran: what's it really like? Share your pictures and perspectives
- Iran set to elect record number of women into parliament
- [People Talk] COVID-19: Should FG lockdown the country? (1)
- UK presses US to ease Iran sanctions to help fight coronavirus
- 'Desperate to find a way out': Iran edges towards precipice
- 'Don't trust the lyingest liars to tell the truth about a possible war with Iran': John Legend leads celebrities blasting Trump over airstrike which killed top general as Rose McGowan APOLOGIZES to Iran and begs 'please don't kill us'
- Iranian-American businessman detained in Iran, family and friends say
- Coronavirus kills a person in Iran every 10 minutes: Tehran finally voices horrifying extent of crisis as death toll hits 1,433
Iran’s Rouhani Suddenly Willing to Talk ‘Right Now,’ Without Preconditions have 343 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 7, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.