Impeaching President Donald Trump would be a “bad idea,” former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden said in an interview airing Friday. “If President Trump is somehow forced to leave office before the end of his first term, one-third of America will believe it was a soft coup conducted by people, well frankly like everybody here at the table without be their view,” Hayden told Hill.TV. Instead, the only way to move on in a way that’s healthy for the democracy is to vote, Hayden, a frequent critic of the president’s, added. The talk of impeachment is growing after the president’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty in a federal court to charges of campaign finance violations, telling the court he did so under the direction of a “candidate for federal office,” reportedly meaning Trump. Hayden is not the only one of Trump’s adversaries who has said impeachment would not be a good idea, as House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi also said the matter would not be a priority for Democrats. “Impeachment has to spring from something else,” Pelosi said. “If and when the information emerges about that, we’ll see. It’s not a priority on the agenda going forward… Read full this story
- On the first day of impeachment, Trump announced a trade deal
- Trump Jokes He Won't Leave Presidency After 8 Years: 'It's Not a Bad Idea'
- Obama security chief Napolitano saw separating families at border as 'bad idea,' she says
- Even Jewish Americans Think Trump's Embassy in Jerusalem Decision Is a Bad Idea
- It’s a bad idea to pick a fight with California on car emissions
- Democrats ready to impeach Trump, but how big will they go?
- Democrat Warns Party Not To Impeach Trump Because Of Who GOP Will Nominate In 2020
- Pelosi Makes It Official: We Will Impeach; Trump Responds
- Rep. Karen Bass Says House Open to Impeaching Trump Again if He Wins 2020
- AOC: ‘At Point Of No Return’ On Impeachment; Trump ‘Clearly Believes In Eugenics’
Hayden: Impeaching Trump Would be a 'Bad Idea' have 331 words, post on www.newsmax.com at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.