Mekong River Commission to hold forum on Lao hydropower project Pham Tuan Phan, CEO at the MRC Secretariat The Mekong River Commission (MRC) will organise the first regional stakeholder forum on the Pak Lay hydropower project in Vientiane, Laos, on September 20-21, according to the MRC’s press release on August 30. Pak Lay will be the fourth hydroelectric facility to be built on the Mekong River as proposed by the Lao government, following Don Sahong, Xayaburi, and Pak Beng. The forum aims to provide information on the Pak Lay project and the MRC’s prior consultation process. Pham Tuan Phan, CEO at the MRC Secretariat, said the forum will create a platform to enable stakeholders to raise their legitimate concerns and give suggestions on the project and its activities. This is also a unique opportunity for involved parties to share and take note of all concerns with MRC member countries, especially those proposing the construction of hydropower plants, in order to ease any dismay, he added. The first day of the forum will provide information on and reinforce understanding of the MRC’s process under its Procedures for Notification, Prior Consultation, and Agreement (PNPCA). The second day will be devoted to other… Read full this story
- Chinese Government Cracks Down On Refills
- Social engineering 'could lead to class war' the Government's social mobility tsar admits
- Government looking into possibility of opening up vehicle inspection services beyond Puspakom
- Grim search for more fire victims, 31 dead across California
- Government says it has always encouraged adoption of green vehicles by promoting various initiatives
- Top New York Daily News Editor Portrayed as Vengeful
- When the government names you 'Sausage' or 'Little Whore'
- 39 victims: Families wait for news in UK truck tragedy
- Replacement workers and a changed deal for doctors: Province introduces new legislation to 'make government more efficient'
- Brexit news: What’s next for Brexit? Will there be a general election?
Government News 31/8 have 309 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at August 31, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.