World NRA Maria Butina Trump campaign Russia The same day President Donald Trump met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki and suggested that he believes Russia’s claim that it did not interfere in the 2016 presidential elections, the Justice Department indicted another Russian for attempting to influence U.S. politics. Maria Butina, a 29-year-old Russian woman who lives in Washington D.C., was arrested on Sunday and charged in conspiracy to act as an agent of the Russian government, according to a criminal complaint unsealed Monday. “While serving as Special Assistant to an official of the Russian Federation, Butina would meet in person and communicate via electronic means with that official for the purpose of developing and executing a plan to identify and exploit personal connections with U.S. persons having influence in American politics who were in positions to advance the interests of the Russian Federation,” the complaint reads. Butina is a well-known activist with the National Rifle Association (NRA) who is closely linked with Paul Erickson, a longtime Republican figure who said he was an adviser for Trump’s transition team. She is also an assistant to Alexander Torshin, the deputy governor of Russia’s central bank who requested an interview… Read full this story
- Donald Trump's Oval Office guest, ex-Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, spreads conspiracy theory that Nashville suicide bombing was a 'missile strike' on a 'spy hub'
- US charges rioters after viral photos of Capitol siege
- The Life and Death of the Most Notorious Man in Washington
- Presidency in Review: Which Campaign Promises Did Trump Uphold?
- Trump Awards Devin Nunes Medal of Freedom: ‘Unmatched Talent, Unassailable Integrity, Unwavering Resolve’
- Tech giants need to rediscover their sense of morality and empathy—before it’s too late
- 'The moment is finally upon us… now is the time to seize it': Boris Johnson hails 'new beginning in our country's history' as Queen grants royal assent to his Brexit trade deal meaning divorce happens at 11pm tonight
- Mike Pence puts Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer ON HOLD when they called to demand he remove Donald Trump with the 25th Amendment - so she threatens to impeach president for 'sedition' to end 'horror show'
- Democrats WILL move to impeach Trump next week if Pence or the Cabinet refuse to use 25th Amendment to remove him from office, says House assistant Speaker Katherine Clarke
- Science’s pirate queen
Who Is Maria Butina? NRA Activist Charged With Conspiracy to Act As a Russian Agent and Influence U.S. Politics have 390 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 16, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.