POLITICS 07/18/2018 07:29 pm ET The president says he was “very strong on the fact that we can’t have meddling” in his one-on-one with Russia’s Vladimir Putin. By Ryan Grenoble WATCH: President Trump tells @jeffglor he would hold Russian President Vladimir Putin “responsible” for election meddling https://t.co/qVLUBKNW8j pic.twitter.com/eXXVDZDecB— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) July 18, 2018 CBS Evening News’ Jeff Glor landed an interview with President Donald Trump that’s set to air in increments over the next couple of days. As one would expect, Wednesday night’s segment focused heavily on Trump’s refusal earlier in the week to condemn Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. When Glor asked if he agrees with U.S. intelligence that Russia “meddled” in the election, Trump indicated he does, reversing the statement he gave in Helsinki on Monday while standing alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin. Trump had remarked that Putin “just said it’s not Russia” and “I don’t see any reason why it would be,” then backtracked on Tuesday to clarify that he had meant to say “wouldn’t.” Trump also claimed he was “very strong on the fact that we can’t have meddling,” telling Glor he told Putin so in their one-on-one meeting. But given that the meeting was… Read full this story
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump gives governors guidelines to reopen states
- Live from her kitchen, Pelosi works to counter Trump's coronavirus show
- During a national emergency, Trump clings to his television home, Fox News
- Biden should let Trump self-destruct
- Dr Fauci REFUSES to name a state that can reopen before May 1 like Trump has proposed - hours after skipping press conference and calling President's Q&A sessions 'draining'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump, Congress close to deal on new coronavirus bill
- Trump's big show of opening the economy will hide the real story
- Coronavirus updates: Trump says new social distancing guidelines coming, cases hit 2M worldwide
- Putin leverages coronavirus chaos to make a direct play to Trump
- Donald Trump berates female reporter and tells her 'keep your voice down please' when she pushes him on why he didn't warn people about coronavirus being a 'wildfire' in February
Trump Tries To Walk Back Disastrous Helsinki Performance In CBS Interview have 364 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at July 17, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.