POLITICS 07/23/2018 04:17 pm ET “So much for due diligence,” said Massachusetts Democrat Barbara L’Italien, who duped the network. By Jennifer Bendery WASHINGTON ― In a priceless mix-up, “Fox & Friends First” thought it booked Arizona Democratic congressional candidate Ann Kirkpatrick to praise Immigration and Customs Enforcement but ended up with a mysteriously different guest who used a full minute of airtime to trash President Donald Trump’s family separation immigration policy. “Yeah, okay, who is this?” host Rob Schmitt asked before abruptly ending the Monday interview. “That didn’t go as planned.” The woman who crashed the segment was Barbara L’Italien, a Massachusetts Democratic state senator and also a congressional candidate. Even though L’Italien identified herself twice during the interview, Kirkpatrick’s name appeared on the TV screen the entire time and the hosts referred to her as Kirkpatrick. How on earth did this happen? It turns out that Joe Katz, L’Italien’s campaign spokesman, used to work for Kirkpatrick ― 10 years ago. Fox News, unaware that Katz had changed jobs, reached out to see if he could bring his boss on. L’Italien saw a chance to speak directly to Trump, on his favorite network, about the serious problems with his immigration policy…. Read full this story
- Fox News is part of the reason many Republicans don't support impeaching Trump, a new poll reveals
- Greta Van Susteren: Fox News’ Wallace Wants to ‘Smear and Cause Trouble’ with Anonymous Impeachment Claim
- Former Fox CEO James Murdoch reveals he does NOT watch Fox News, is 'disappointed' Shep Smith left the network and backs Mayor Pete Buttigieg for president - as he flashes his bizarre forearm tattoo
- I watched Fox News every day for 44 months – here's what I learned
- Meet the New Face of the Trump Resistance at Fox News
- 'Fox News brain': meet the families torn apart by toxic cable news
- Fox News' Bret Baier calls Trump's attacks on journalists a "problem"
- Fox News Host Ed Henry: Not ‘Media’s Fault’ Mick Mulvaney Admitted Quid Pro Quo
- Fox News cut-up Greg Gutfeld has found a new "comedy" muse in Adam Schiff
- Megyn Kelly will not return to Fox News
The Hilarious Reason Fox News Booked The Wrong Guest And Aired Trump Criticisms have 364 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at July 23, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.