About 1 million extra passengers passed through Salt Lake City International Airport last year, officially making it the nation’s 23rd busiest passenger airport — just passing Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on the list, according to new, preliminary data for 2017. Just over 11.6 million passengers boarded planes in Salt Lake City last year, the Federal Aviation Administration reported Tuesday. Roughly doubling that to account for passengers who walk off just-landed aircraft, airport officials say that means about 24 million passengers passed through the airport. That was up by 4.24 percent during the year, adding 472,00 more enplanements — or about 1 million more total passengers traveling through the airport during the year. It also surpassed Ronald Reagan Washington National by about 110,000 enplanements, to move up from No. 24 to No. 23 in the rankings. Bill Wyatt, executive director of the airport, said a major reason for this growth is that airlines are flying bigger aircraft and filling them. “For example, 10 years ago we had 240 flights daily of regional aircraft with 60 to 90 seats each. This year, there will be 40. In five years, maybe 10. All are being replaced by bigger planes and fuller planes,”… Read full this story
- Rajamahendravaram airport sees slide in passenger traffic
- Parshant Kanhaiya rewrites 33-year-old national junior pole vault record
- Stripe will pay $1 million a year to take carbon out of the air — but will it work?
- Nation's Largest Underground Mall Offers Bargains Galore
- Still going strong! The Bachelorette's Ali Oetjen and Taite Radley cuddle up at Sydney Airport after celebrating their one-year anniversary
- Rockies, Olivo agree to $2.5 million, 1-year deal
- Holliday, Cards finalize $120 million, 7-year deal
- Similar Traffic Congestion for New Year's Holiday Expected This Year
- World Series Game 2 Only Gets 11.78 Million Viewers As The Nationals Smash The Astros
- Smart speakers’ installed base to top 200 million by year end
SLC Airport traffic grew by 1 million passengers last year to now rank as nation’s 23rd largest have 297 words, post on www.sltrib.com at July 18, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.