World Russia Russian military Vladimir Putin ICBM Nuclear Weapons Russia has released new footage of an advanced arsenal of weapons in the wake of the meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Donald Trump. The Russian Defense Ministry showed off a number of the weapons that were officially revealed during Putin’s State of the Nation address in March. They include nuclear-powered and nuclear-capable weapons as well as a laser complex all said capable of thwarting even the world’s top defenses, even those of the U.S. In once clip, Russia could be seen testing its highly-anticipated RS-28 Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missile, known in the West as “Satan 2.” “The program of the system’s pop-up tests has been completed with the positive results, which makes it possible to switch to preparations for the flight trials of the Sarmat missile complex,” the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement, according to the state-run Tass Russian News Agency. “All the measures that have been carried out allow for making a clear conclusion that the Sarmat missile system will be created and placed on combat duty within the scheduled timeframe,” officially set for 2021. Recommended Slideshows 76 The Most Powerful Military Forces in the World 59 The 25 Most Powerful Passports… Read full this story
- Do laser weapons exist, what are China’s laser assault rifles and are they in use by military?
- Does Donald Trump have the nuclear launch codes and can the US President World War 3 with Russia over the Syria attack?
- UN reject Russia's call for condemnation of 'aggression' by US-led strike against Syria
- Winston Peters slams Russia's support for Syria after alleged chemical weapons attack
- Russia’s new nuclear & other deterrence ensures strategic balance for decades to come – Putin
- Man who called Prince George attack jailed for terrorism
- Does Donald Trump have the nuclear launch codes and what has the US president said about North Korea?
- Terrorist who had Trafford Centre on attack hit list is jailed for life
- Stormy Daniels is emerging as the feminist hero from the Donald Trump affair
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook: Orbán landslide — Polish thaw — Syria strikes
Russia's Latest 'Super Weapons': What Are They and What Can They Do? have 346 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 21, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.