Officer Danny made a differenceAfter reading about a fallen motorcycle officer, I was reminded me of Officer Danny Forest Cordes, a 20-year veteran who served in Mansfield. He died May 23, 1986, a Friday. I cried along with our entire community. Officer Danny would direct traffic at the intersection of Walnut Creek and Country Club drives. Every morning we would see him and he would smile and wave; that’s how we knew it would be a good day. Of course there were those days he would be irritated, but mostly he would smile. I will never forget him. No, I didn’t know him. I never even spoke to him, but as a little girl I found his spirit inspiring. After he died on that dreadful Friday, our town had to get a traffic signal light and life was never the same again. So cheers to a wonderful man, Officer Danny Cordes!Ashley Barg, DallasMexico’s lesson for the U.S.Re: “Third time’s a charm: Mexico elects a new president — Huge voter turnout propels López Obrador to victory,” July 2 news story.Mexico should be congratulated for demonstrating to the world that their country is more advanced than the United States in their process of electing their new president. Once all… Read full this story
- Western Mail letters: Friday, October 11, 2019
- Facebook's decision to promote Trump's lies shows how it's programmed to protect the powerful
- “Did We Create This Monster?” How Twitter Turned Toxic
- Violent spoof video of Trump killing his critics shows how memes have reshaped politics
- Kickstarter Calls Itself Progressive. But About That Union.
- An insider’s view of China in the Pacific
- Now Is The Time To Act To End Bias In AI
- Peru's 'interim leader' steps down after one day
- Monday was supposed to be a big day for Facebook's Libra. Instead, it lost another partner
- We've got our eye on you
Letters: Officer Danny, Mexican elections, Paxton and Huffines, Beto O'Rouke and Will Hurd, Silicon Valley have 310 words, post on www.dallasnews.com at July 24, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.