Oil and gas company Jadestone Energy said it was an “easy decision” to choose London for a listing that aims to raise $95m (£71.6m).
The Asia-focused oil and gas exploration company said it was drawn to London because of its sophisticated investment community.
Chief executive Paul Blakeley said: “We went to various exchanges to look at where we would get the most response and it was overwhelming that London and the London investment community understand international upstream oil and gas and are far more willing to invest in places that are a bit more distant.”
Jadestone is currently listed in Toronto but plans to list on London’s junior AIM market as a precursor to moving to the main market.
“Coming to London was a pretty easy decision,” Blakeley said.
The company also announced today that it had struck a deal with PTT Exploration and Production, a subsidiary of Thailand’s national oil company, to buy a 100 per cent interest in an Australian offshore oil project for $195m.
The company, which expects its shares to begin trading on AIM in August, will use $80m of the money raised to pay for the Australian acquisition announced today.
The nominated adviser for the Admission is Stifel Nicolaus Europe.
Stifel is also joint broker and bookrunner with BMO Capital Markets.
- Huawei ban timeline: Company says its older phones will still get Android updates
- 'I saw horrors posted on Facebook daily... and it nearly destroyed me': Man hired to moderate content - including beheadings, graphic sex and even child murder - says more MUST be done to block harrowing uploads
- Urbanista London review: Like AirPods Pros, with compromises
- Soho remains a no-go: Fears for future of London's 'beating heart' as Covid keeps offices shut while restaurateur Jeremy King slams Sadiq Khan over 'damaging' congestion charge extension
- Decision on $3.6bn Narrabri coal seam gas development delayed after late submission from Santos
- Assembly election: Power questions over renewable energy
- Country’s green decisions belie its overall approach towards nature
- 'Let's roll': London's Heathrow urges testing at UK airports
- City of London faces messy future with the EU
- Exxon's exit means there's just one oil company left in the Dow
- Trump is everything the right says it hates about the left
- Coronavirus live updates: California watch-list running again to track counties, allow reopening
- Coronavirus live updates: California watch list running again to track counties, allow reopening
- ‘I choose to thrive': the man fighting motor neurone disease with cyborg technology
- Coronavirus live updates: California ‘stabilizing,’ counties are ‘doing things really well,’ top official says
- Eat Out to Help Out restaurants: The full list of food chains taking part in the scheme
- Eat Out to Help Out restaurants: The full list of food chains taking part in the scheme as it enters its final week
- Mark Zuckerberg Says Facebook Doesn’t Want To Be The “Arbiter Of Truth.” Its Fact-Checkers And Employees Say It Already Is.
- The rise of Glencore, the biggest company you've never heard of
- Exclusive: At Least Half of Pubs Will Never Reopen After COVID-19, U.K. Hospitality Union Says
Energy company says ‘easy decision’ to choose London for $95m listing have 518 words, post on www.cityam.com at July 16, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.