POLITICS 07/30/2018 02:25 am ET Trade wars go better with more expensive Coke. By Mary Papenfuss Coca-Cola has hiked prices on its carbonated drinks because President Donald Trump’s 10 percent tariff on imported aluminum has made cans for Coke and other sodas more expensive to make. The price boost for Coke, which Trump loudly ordered during a secretly recorded conversation with his former personal attorney Michael Cohen, was “disruptive” but necessary given the extra cost of the tariffs, Coca-Cola CEO James Quigley said. Specific increases will depend on individual stores, a company spokesman told CNN Money. This increase is just one of a number of price hikes on goods ― including boats, motorcycles, campers, furniture and beer ― bringing the high cost of the tariffs home to American consumers. “We’ve had to go to the market a bit more frequently and a bit more aggressively with some price increases as of late,” Michael Happe, CEO of recreational-vehicle manufacturer Winnebago Industries, told The Wall Street Journal. Although Happe wouldn’t provide specifics on Winnebago price hikes, he said the company remains concerned about the tariffs, a murky future in trade tensions and increasing inflation. “Uncertainty is never a great thing for the economy and the… Read full this story
- Coca-Cola thinks Americans are finally ready for Coke with coffee
- Coca-Cola Launches First-Ever ‘Insiders’ Pay-To-Try Subscription Service
- Coca-Cola is bringing back New Coke in honor of 'Stranger Things'
- Coca-Cola and Disney partner for new 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' land
- S.C. Johnson Joins Coca-Cola and PepsiCo in Ditching Ties to Plastics Industry Association: 'This Trend Will Only Continue'
- Veteran Tamil musician Ilaiyaraaja creates his first-ever corporate anthem for Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages
- Trump's Unpopular Tariffs Could Cost U.S. 400,000 Jobs, Economists Estimate
- Domestic steel manufacturers to raise prices over increased input costs
- Producer Prices Show No Little Tariff Inflationary Pressure as Holiday Season Begins
- Trump Calls Chinese Tariffs on American Cars ‘Stupid’
Coca-Cola Raises Prices On Trump's Favorite Drink Over Tariffs have 319 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at July 30, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.