Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE The CBS board of directors said on Friday that it will investigate allegations of “personal misconduct” against its CEO, Leslie Moonves. The announcement came shortly after The Hollywood Reporter published an article quoting unnamed sources that said The New Yorker is close to publishing a story that will include allegations of sexual misconduct against Moonves. “All allegations of personal misconduct are to be taken seriously,” a spokesperson for CBS wrote in an email. “The Independent Directors of CBS have committed to investigating claims that violate the Company’s clear policies in that regard. Upon the conclusion of that investigation, which involves recently reported allegations that go back several decades, the Board will promptly review the findings and take appropriate action.” Efforts by NBC News to reach Moonves for comment were unsuccessful. The New Yorker article, which is yet to be published, was reportedly written by Ronan Farrow, a former NBC News correspondent, who has written a series of articles on high-profile individuals accused of sexual harassment. A spokesperson for The New Yorker said the magazine does not comment on pieces that have not been… Read full this story
- CBS News Anchor Scott Pelley Claims He Was Fired Over His “Hostile Work Environment” Complaints; CBS News Responds “We Disagree”
- #MeToo: Google reforms sexual misconduct rules
- EXCLUSIVE: Hillsong did nothing after Carl Lentz was accused of sexual misconduct in 2017, as volunteer detailed his 'sexual behavior with different women' and claimed she was 'extremely uncomfortable' after he was flirtatious and inappropriate
- The candidates who could end up prosecuting Trump weigh in on New York's criminal investigation
- Rose McGowan supports Charlotte Kirk amid sexual misconduct lawsuit with Warner Bros
- ’s Jerry Harris Accused of Sexual Misconduct With Two Minors
- Project Veritas Challenges CNN to Court Battle Over Alleged Biden Scandal Blackout Tapes
- Comcast shareholders reject proposals for outside sexual harassment investigation at NBC
- Ellen DeGeneres thanks 'amazing' staff while accepting best talk show at People's Choice Awards amid toxic workplace allegations: 'They give a 100 percent of themselves'
- Firm drags SAN to LPPC, NBA over alleged misrepresentation
CBS to investigate allegations of 'personal misconduct' against CEO Leslie Moonves have 352 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at July 27, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.