THE Black Death was one of the most devastating pandemics in human history and brought entire civilisations to their knees during its last global outbreak. The Great Plague of London was the last major epidemic of bubonic plague in England and killed around 100,000 people in London – almost a quarter of the city’s population – in just 18 months. Here is more about the deadly disease… What are the symptoms of bubonic plague? The World Health Organisation describes plague symptoms as “flu-like”, with one to seven days between incubation and the symptoms emerging. Sufferers are likely to have painful lymph nodes, chills, fever, headaches, weakness and fatigue. In bubonic sufferers, these inflamed lymph nodes may end up turning into pus-filled open sores. Bubonic plague is fatal in 30-60 per cent of cases, while the pneumonic kind is always fatal, if left untreated. There are three forms of plague infection: pneumoic plague, septicaemic plague and bubonic plague, the most common form. Bubonic plague was known as the Black Death in medieval Europe, where an outbreak brought entire civilisations to their knees and decimated the world’s population. Black Death is spread through the bite of infected fleas, whereas pneumonic plague, the most… Read full this story
- History Channel Remembers They Have the Goods, Orders Donner Party and Bubonic Plague Miniseries
- Study: Rats Pose Plague Risk in Croplands
- Vikings Creator Teeing Up Bubonic Plague Miniseries For History Channel
- History Developing Great Plague Of London Drama From Michael Hirst & Donner Party Series As Cable Net Ramps Up Miniseries Strategy
- Black people are almost twice as likely to die from Covid-19 as white people, finds study commissioned by Sadiq Khan
- National lockdown had 'minor and short-lived impact' on coronavirus in London’s worst-hit borough Havering, warns public health director as city faces Tier Three next week – but mayor Sadiq Khan says toughest rules are 'not inevitable'
- Tier 3 would 'devastate' London's bars and restaurants: Hospitality bosses issue warning as Tory MPs battle to spare city from 'imminent' move after teenagers were blamed for rise in Covid cases
- On the Sinister Majesty of Black Sabbath
- The Black Friday deals that can boost your health AND looks! From skin to sleep, these VERY happy customers reveal how you can end 2020 on a high
- Coronavirus testing for ALL secondary school pupils in London's worst-affected boroughs in desperate bid to keep the capital out of Tier Three as it becomes COVID capital of England
What is the Black Death, what are the bubonic plague symptoms and when was the Great Plague of London? have 394 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 18, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.