POLITICS 06/06/2018 12:49 pm ET An informant scheme linked to Tony Raukauckas’ office has left Orange County’s criminal justice system in crisis. By Matt Ferner LOS ANGELES ― Tony Rackauckas, the Orange County district attorney whose office has been plagued by allegations of corruption in a yearslong jailhouse informant scandal, will face a run-off election in November for the job of top prosecutor in the Southern California county. On Tuesday, Rackauckas won more votes than each of his three opponents ― his former protégé County Supervisor Todd Spitzer, former Brea Mayor Brett Murdock and consumer attorney Lenore Albert-Sheridan ― but failed to capture a majority. The district attorney ended ahead of the second-place vote-getter, Spitzer, by a narrow 4 percent margin. As a result, Rackauckas and Spitzer, both Republicans, will battle it out again in the fall. In California, a county district attorney candidate who finishes with a majority of votes in the primary election has won the job. But if no candidate gets better than 50 percent, then the top two vote-getters face off in the November general election. Rackauckas, who first took office in 1999 and is seeking his sixth term, was endorsed by four members of Congress, two state senators… Read full this story
- Gottfried Helnwein - An Interview - On the Vandalism of the Installation "Ninth November Night"
- Black People Disproportionately Homeless In California
- 7 Steps to Surviving a Salon Christmas
- Will Private Schools Survive?
- Laid Off? How to Face Your Friends When Laid Off
- The Need For Face-To-Face Communications
- Sexual Harassment in Multi-National Corporate Environments - Lessons From the Trenches
- 'He's the most corrupt president in all our history!' Joe Biden tears into Donald Trump as 12 2020 Democrats take to the stage for primary debate - with field united in slamming president and backing impeachment
- The Man Who Unlocked the World
- The Tower of Basel - Do We Want the Bank For International Settlements Issuing Our Global Currency?
Scandal-Plagued California DA Survives To Face A Run-Off In November have 310 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at June 6, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.