VietNamNet Bridge – Le Thanh Van, a standing member of the Finance and Budget Committee of the National Committee talks to the newspaper Tien Phong (Vanguard) on the need to highlight the idea of transparency in the Law on Anti Corruption. Le Thanh Van Under the current draft Anti-Corruption Law only the wife or husband and children under 18 years old will be listed in asset paper declarations. Many have complained that the law will create a loophole for people to falsify their assets. How do you respond to that? The tools in the fight against corruption are legal financial barriers, the budget and the management of public assets. If they are all properly managed, whether the law requires more or fewer people to declare their assets is of no importance. Our present legal corridor on the management of State finance, the budget and public assets is still weak and cannot fully prevent corruption or embezzlement. We hope that when the Anti-Corruption Law is enacted Vietnam will be able to deter acts of corruption and embezzlement. Following the release of the draft law, there are two types of opinion. The first is to expand the list of people that have… Read full this story
- As coronavirus cases explode in Brazil, so do investigations into alleged corruption
- A gambler had his betting account frozen after losing millions — then another two companies came knocking
- 'I'm Sorry to Everyone': In Death, South Korean Mayor Is Tainted by Scandal
- US sanctions Venezuela socialist boss for drug trafficking
- Illinois lawmaker charged with bribery resigns
- Russian Media Fights for Survival Under Putin
Power embezzlement must be prevented have 259 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at June 19, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.