Share Tweet Plus One Pin It Email Print By: Apoorva Mandhani June 20, 2018 5:21 pm Change Font Size The Uttarakhand High Court on Tuesday ordered the State to establish a National Law University (NLU) in Uttarakhand within three months, directing it to run the NLU from government buildings or a hired private accommodation until the construction of the campus is complete. The Bench comprising Justice Rajiv Sharma and Justice Lok Pal Singh directed that the first academic session should begin from September this year. Meanwhile, the State is expected to begin construction for the NLU in District Udham Singh Nagar, where the Court noted that the Government had land measuring about 1800 acres available. As for the modalities of functioning of the NLU, the Court directed the State to formulate Regulations under the National Law University of Uttarakhand Act, 2011 within a month, and make all appointments to the NLU as per such Regulations within three months. The Court was hearing two petitions- one by Dr. Bhupal Singh Bhakuni and another by Dr. Mahendra Singh Pal- pointing out that despite enactment of the 2011 Act, an NLU has not been established in the State. In response to the petitions,… Read full this story
- Mexico border wall: Why is Donald Trump deploying the National Guard?
- Report says Universal Credit will cost more
- Russians Want to Hack Your Election? Call Out the National Guard
- 'No way back on Universal Credit'
- Michigan State's Nassar Scandal May Be Costlier Than Sandusky
- Law and order: Peek inside this elegant detached country home
- Inside the home of talented Fair City actress and scientist Jean van Sinderen-Law
- Northern Ireland Secretary of State Karen Bradley leaked briefing notes [full text]
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on May 27, 2018
- Trump's online store only pays sales in three states despite the President's attacks on Amazon's business practises
Have A Functional National Law University Within 3 Months: Uttarakhand HC To State [Read Judgment] have 295 words, post on www.livelaw.in at June 19, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.