POLITICS 06/14/2018 02:02 pm ET Updated 1 hour ago “We found that it was extraordinary and insubordinate for Comey to conceal his intentions from his superiors,” the inspector general’s report states. By Ryan J. Reilly WASHINGTON ― The Justice Department’s inspector general found former FBI Director James Comey was “insubordinate” when he decided to hold an unusual news conference in July 2016 in which he criticized Hillary Clinton for her use of personal email. DOJ’s internal watchdog found that Comey broke FBI and DOJ rules in his handling of the Clinton email matter, which the candidate has blamed for her Electoral College loss. “We found that it was extraordinary and insubordinate for Comey to conceal his intentions from his superiors, the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General, for the admitted purpose of preventing them from telling him not to make the statement, and to instruct his subordinates in the FBI to do the same,” the report states. “Comey waited until the morning of his press conference to inform Lynch and Yates of his plans to hold one without them, and did so only after first notifying the press. As a result, Lynch’s office learned about Comey’s plans via press inquiries… Read full this story
- 28 Reasons Trump’s Firing of James Comey Is a World-Historic Shit Show
- Hillary Clinton: I Should Have Gone Nuclear on James Comey
- Comey’s confession: dossier not verified before, or after, FISA warrant
- Team Hillary: Comey Should ‘Beg Forgiveness,’ Not Hawk Book
- Comey memo says Trump asked him to drop Flynn probe
- Triumphant Trump lashes out 'horrible person' Pelosi and attacks 'dirty cops' in wild post-acquittal speech as he slams 'Mueller top scum' Russia probe and 'evil' impeachment as 'all bulls**t'
- Nate Silver Still Blaming Comey And Media For Trump
- Hillary Clinton Denounces Trump ‘Hurting So Many People,’ and Putin for Election Meddling
- With or Without Comey, This Presidential Election Was Always Going to Be Close
- Nate Silver: Hillary Would Have Won Without Comey Letter
DOJ Watchdog Slams 'Insubordinate' James Comey Over Clinton Email News Conference have 321 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at June 14, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.