BEIJING (Reuters) – China’s ZTE Corp <0763.HK> <000063.SZ> has submitted an application to the U.S. Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) for the suspension of a business ban, it said in a filing to the Shenzhen stock exchange on Sunday. Washington imposed a seven-year ban on U.S. companies selling components and software to ZTE last month after finding the Chinese telecoms company breached U.S. sanctions on Iran. ZTE’s exchange filing on Sunday did not give details of its request or say when it had been made, but it did say that the company had provided additional material at the BIS’s request. Last week, Chinese negotiators holding trade talks with U.S. counterparts in Beijing asked the United States to hear ZTE’s appeal, take into account the company’s efforts to improve its compliance and amend the ban. U.S. officials have said the action against ZTE was not related to trade policy, but the move has been seen by many in China as part of the broader trade spat playing out between the world’s two biggest economies. The ban on sales to ZTE, which is heavily reliant on imports of U.S. chips, had threatened to scupper the Chinese firm’s smartphone business…. Read full this story
- Chinese drone developer DJI added to Commerce Department 'Entity List'
- British cyber spies probe major Russian hack that caused chaos in US amid fears UK government departments and businesses could also have been hit
- White House confirms Russian government spies hacked the U.S. Treasury and Commerce Department and monitored staff emails for months
- US Commerce Department Lists 103 Russian, Chinese Companies With Alleged Military Ties
- Dems Say Trump's 'Critical Race Theory' Ban Ended Most Federal Diversity Training
- US to blacklist dozens of Chinese firms including SMIC, sources say
- Biden looking for Commerce secretary to rebuild relationships with business community
- Huawei’s Supply Chain Under Attack From United States, Says Company’s Chairman
- Durbin says alleged Russian hack 'virtually a declaration of war'
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 28
ZTE says asked U.S. Commerce Department to suspend business ban have 338 words, post on www.euronews.com at May 6, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.