After Monday’s experience with the new province-wide alert system delivered through personal devices, I am convinced this is a significant, negative intrusion that must be changed immediately.
The frequency of missing children, impending tornadoes or other calamity are too low to justify delivering this screaming banshee into our private and work environments. This is not London during the Blitz; it is Ontario. Let us show some dignity in the face of adversity.
Quietly send me a text message regarding an alert. My personal device will alert me in the manner, and at the volume, that I can control. I will read the message and decide whether it is relevant to me and whether I can be of some assistance.
Wallace Rendell, Belleville, Ont.
Share your thoughts
- 4-Year-Old Boy, 35-Year-Old Woman Found Safely After Amber Alert Issued
- ‘Presidential Alert’ Trump Is Sending to All Americans Is Like an Amber Alert on Steroids
- Missing 6-Year-Old Boy, His Mom Found Dead in Texas Parking Garage Hours After Amber Alert
- Uber Driver Is Charged with Kidnapping Missing Penn. Toddler, Sparking Amber Alert
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 4, Found In LA
- Amber Rudd protest isn’t a threat to free speech
- Amber Heard 'Will Not Be Silenced' After Johnny Depp Claims Her Abuse Allegations Were a 'Hoax'
- Aquaman Star Amber Heard Accuses Johnny Depp of Perjuring Himself
- Johnny Depp Accuses Ex-Wife Amber Heard of Having 'Painted-On Bruises': 'I Was the Victim'
- Amber Rudd played the blame game over Windrush and lost
- Amber Heard Says She Was Dropped from Jobs After Making Johnny Depp Allegations
- Anonymous letter claims threat to Amit Shah, Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani; IB issues alert
- Letters to the Editor: Waiting hours to vote in L.A. is a disgrace. Fix the new system now
- Amber Rudd resigns as home secretary
- When The Washington Post Was Silent On The Clinton-Obama Purges
- READ IT: Matt Lauer’s Open Letter Slams Accusers: ‘My Silence Has Been A Mistake’
- Charges dropped against Amber Heard for bringing dogs to Australia with Johnny Depp
- Energy minister expects UK to miss renewables target, leaked letter shows
- People Are Self-Conscious About Eating Popcorn During John Krasinski's Mostly-Silent
- ‘My father, Prince Okojie, is a disgrace to King Ogbidi Dynasty of Uromi’, Daughter writes open letter to father
Your letters: Amber Alerts should be silent have 389 words, post on www.thestar.com at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.