Oakland Golf Club continues to be good to the Thiele sisters in boys golf.On Tuesday, Wahoo Neumann sophomore Lindsey Thiele shot 77 to win the District C-2 title — five years after oldest sister Haley shot 78 there to become the first girl to win a boys district championship.A third Thiele, Hannah, qualified for state three times from 2014 to 2016. Hannah and Haley now play for Nebraska. Tuesday’s six district tournaments completed the fields for next week’s state tournaments. Class A will be at Norfolk Country Club, Class B at Quail Run in Columbus, Class C at Kearney Country Club and Class D at Lake Maloney in North Platte.Class A’s individual champions were Jason Kolbas of Lincoln Pius X and Josh Peters of Millard North on Monday and Mike Hickey of Omaha Westside and Charlie Hillis of Lincoln Southwest on Tuesday.Norfolk, Millard North, Papillion-La Vista and Southwest — the top four seeds for districts — won team titles.Class B’s individual champions were Charlie Zielinski of Omaha Skutt, Caleb Badura of Aurora, Connor Dormann of Sidney and freshman Luke Gutschewski of Elkhorn Mount Michael.Gutschewski, who beat Teague Stewart of West Point-Beemer in a playoff at Wayne Country Club, is the… Read full this story
- Boys high school golf Dream Team, all-area
- Former Old Bridge High School baseball star, Florida State U. signee Zach Attianese and his father killed in crash
- Lindsey Smith blog: 13 great moments from my first year of high school sports in Colorado Springs
- Tragedy, triumph and tears: Most memorable high school sports moments from 2017-18
- Girls' dominance in Delaware high school golf tournament prompts tee distance criticism
- Pick the latest LSJ high school athlete of the week
- By The Numbers: 2017-18 was a successful year for high school sports
- Who are New Jersey's best high school golfers?
- Vermont high school playoffs: South Burlington rolls past BHS 13-2
- Saturday's Vermont high school playoffs: St. Johnsbury ousts No. 1 CVU
Wahoo Neumann's Lindsey Thiele wins Nebraska high school boys district golf title have 317 words, post on www.omaha.com at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.