WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is aiming to roll out its much-hyped but long-delayed Middle East peace plan next month amid signs it may further alienate the Palestinians by slashing millions of dollars in funding for humanitarian and development projects in the West Bank and Gaza.Five U.S. officials and a congressional aide say the administration intends to release the peace plan in mid- to late-June, shortly after the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, although they cautioned that the timing could slip depending on developments in the region. They say the plan’s main authors — President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner and Trump’s special envoy for international negotiations Jason Greenblatt — have already begun quietly briefing select allies and partners on elements of the proposal.Yet any Palestinian willingness to even consider the plan would require conditions to improve and anger to subside considerably in the coming weeks, an unlikely scenario as the Palestinians say evidence of one-sided Trump giveaways to Israel continues to pile up. U.S. allies in Europe and the Persian Gulf also have felt compelled to criticize the administration for its approach. Ostensibly, Trump would need buy-in from those same countries to build… Read full this story
- Celebration in Jerusalem as U.S. moves embassy, bloodshed in Gaza as dozens of Palestinians killed
- Metta World Peace Is Ready for His Closeup. Again.
- Metta World Peace Is Ready for His Close-Up. Again.
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil meets Prince William at ‘Football for Peace’ project after launching eco-friendly company with Mathieu Flamini
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil meets Prince William at ‘Football for Peace’ project after launching eco-friendly company
- Walgreens will focus on retail health care with Rite Aid merger
- ‘Westworld’ and ‘Ready Player One’ show how our relationship to artificial intelligence has changed
- Belfast Giants bring in winger Jordan Smotherman to aid title push
- Loughman Rally will aid Moffett's bid for assault on British title
- McFarland is ready to let Ulster cut off the shackles
US readies Mideast peace plan, but threatens Palestinian aid have 340 words, post on www.startribune.com at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.