POLITICS 05/08/2018 02:28 pm ET Updated 0 minutes ago The move puts the future of the 2015 international agreement in crisis. By Jessica Schulberg and Nick Robins-Early 7.1k 87 WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday the United States will withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal. The U.S. will not extend waivers on sanctions targeting Iran’s nuclear program, effectively ending its compliance with the 2015 international agreement under which Iran accepted restrictions on its nuclear program in exchange for economic relief. “I am announcing today that the U.S. will withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal,” Trump said at the White House. “We will be instituting the highest level of economic sanctions.” Trump accused the deal ― officially called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) ― of being poorly negotiated and lacking enforcement mechanisms. He said it allows Iran to develop a nuclear weapon in a short time, but offered no evidence to back these assertions. Trump also cited Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s April 30 presentation on Iran’s nuclear program, which alleged that Iran lied about its past nuclear activities before negotiating the nuclear deal. “At the heart of the Iran deal was a giant fiction: that a… Read full this story
- Boeing and Airbus will miss out on a combined $39 billion payday because of Trump’s Iran deal decision
- US Reimposes All Iran Sanctions Lifted Under Nuclear Deal
- Report: Iran Prepares to Withdraw From Parts of Nuclear Deal
- EU's Mogherini stresses Iran still compliant with nuclear deal
- Iran denounces U.S. new sanctions on construction sector
- VP Pence blames nuclear deal for Iranian forces in Syria
- Trump Decides to Exit Nuclear Accord With Iran
- Iran Denies US Destroyed an Iranian Drone
- Jimmy Carter calls US exit from Iran deal 'serious mistake'
- Iran Says It's No Longer Abiding by Uranium Enrichment Limit
Trump To Violate Iran Nuclear Deal, Vows To Reimpose Sanctions have 290 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.