POLITICS 05/16/2018 07:16 am ET U.S. lawmakers demand details from Novartis and AT&T about their payments to Cohen’s firm. John Miller ZURICH (Reuters) – Novartis’ top lawyer Felix Ehrat is leaving the Swiss drugmaker, saying a $1.2 million contract he co-signed with U.S. President Donald Trump’s personal attorney was a mistake. The contract with Michael Cohen’s Essential Consultants, the same firm used to pay porn star Stormy Daniels, has distracted Novartis’s efforts to improve its image. “Although the contract was legally in order, it was an error,” Ehrat, 60, said on Wednesday. “As a co-signatory with our former CEO, I take personal responsibility to bring the public debate on this matter to an end.” Novartis ended the $100,000-per-month contract, signed in early 2017 by Ehrat and former Novartis Chief Executive Joe Jimenez, this year. It was part of efforts to learn more about how the Trump administration might approach U.S. healthcare, Novartis said. U.S. lawmakers have demanded Novartis and AT&T, which also made payments to Cohen’s firm, provide details and Ron Wyden, the top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee, has initiated an investigation. Ehrat, Novartis’s general counsel since 2011, had been expected to leave within the next 1-1/2 years,… Read full this story
- Jimmy Kimmel Rubs Salt in Sean Hannity’s Michael Cohen Wound
- Report: Michael Cohen Was Selling Access to Trump, a Nice Normal Thing That Lawyers Do
- Why Was Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen's Office Raided by the FBI?
- Does Michael Cohen Still Work for Donald Trump? The White House Has No Idea
- SNL: Robert De Niro’s Robert Mueller Interrogates Ben Stiller’s Michael Cohen
- FBI Sought Trump 'Access Hollywood' Tape Records in Michael Cohen Raid: Report
- National Enquirer Schemed With Michael Cohen to Silence Stormy Daniels: Prosecutors
- Michael Cohen ends FOURTH day of Capitol Hill questioning and hands over documents he claims show how Trump lawyers changed testimony which got him perjury conviction
- Trump’s Longtime Lawyer, Michael Cohen, Knows Way Too Much. So Why is He Still in Exile?
- Michael Cohen: Trump's personal lawyer who paid a porn star
Top Novartis Lawyer Resigns Over Michael Cohen Deal have 344 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.