NEW YORK Electric carmaker Tesla plans to launch in Turkey, its chief executive said late on May 10. “Btw, planning to launch Tesla in Turkey later this year,” Elon Musk said in a post on his Twitter account. “Love your country & will be there in person for the launch,” he added. The company produced more than 300,000 electric vehicles as of February. The Model S, its most popular car, has sold more than 200,000 units so far and was the world’s best-selling electric vehicle in 2015 and 2016. The firm released two more models—the Model X SUV and Model 3 sedan—in September 2015 and July 2017, respectively. Last year, the company also unveiled its electric truck, the Tesla Semi. Turkey had a total of nearly 12.2 million registered cars by the end of March, according to the most recent data from the Turkish Statistical Institute (TÜİK). There were 729,500 new passenger car registrations in Turkey last year, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association, compared with 15.1 million in the EU. While Turkey is highly dependent on oil imports, electric cars could provide some relief for its gasoline consumption. There are a few hundred Tesla owners in Turkey, who… Read full this story
- Elon Musk says there’s a ‘70% chance’ he will move to Mars
- Elon Musk says tweet which cost him £20m was 'worth it'
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Stuns Investors With Tweet to Take Carmaker Private
- Elon Musk says ‘70% chance’ he’ll move to MARS – but gives huge warning about life in space
- SpaceX has spent 'hundreds of millions' extra in building astronaut capsule for NASA, Elon Musk says
- Elon Musk says Tesla Supercharger numbers will ‘double’ by end of 2019
- SpaceX boost: Elon Musk says all systems go for crucial Space Dragon mission
- Elon Musk Says He Is a Fan of Trump’s Space Force, Calling It ‘Cool’
- Elon Musk says tweet that cost him $20 million was 'worth it'
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk endorses Trump’s ‘Space Force’ idea
Tesla to launch in Turkey in 2018, CEO Elon Musk says have 330 words, post on www.hurriyetdailynews.com at May 11, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.