Tesla CEO Elon Musk has signaled increased confidence in his brand’s prospects, hamming it up to short sellers by dropping down $9.85-million of his cash in Tesla stock. The purchase of 33,000 shares represents his largest purchase since March 2017, with his stake in the entire company increasing roughly a tenth of 1 percent at 22 percent. Share prices moved between $294 to $302 in a series of Monday transactions. This latest move marks the end of a contentious week between Musk and shareholders, with an unusually combative earnings call where Musk offered dismissive and terse answers to analysts, with some questions refused altogether. ALSO SEE: 2020 Tesla Roadster Supposedly Getting Hardtop Roof After the earnings call, Tesla’s stock shattered $2.8-billion of market value, with Musk tweeting a semi-apology and offering several reasons for his answers. The 2 questioners I ignored on the Q1 call are sell-side analysts who represent a short seller thesis, not investors — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 4, 2018 Other Musk comments focused on the eventual shortfall of Tesla short sellers. Oh and uh short burn of the century comin soon. Flamethrowers should arrive just in time. — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 4, 2018
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Testified He is Low on Cash in 'Pedo Guy' Defamation Case - Report
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk in talks with Indian government for temporary relief on duties
- Tesla chief Elon Musk Says He is Quitting Twitter
- Tesla boss Elon Musk pledges to fix SA's electricity woes in 100 days 'or free'
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company staged a race between a Tesla in a tunnel and one on the road
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company plans to tunnel beneath another country
- Elon Musk says Tesla has a ‘good chance’ of record deliveries this quarter
- Tesla CEO Musk Settles With US Securities Regulator in Fraud Case - Statement
- Tesla Owners Will Be Able to Honk With Fart Sounds, Elon Musk Reveals
- Elon Musk offers discounted solar panels and batteries after California blackouts
Tesla CEO Elon Musk Buys $9.85M in Company Stock have 323 words, post on www.hybridcars.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.