VietNamNet Bridge – The fight against corruption was a rare highlight of the Government’s efforts to improve public administration, as citizens in more than half of the country believed corruption was better controlled in 2017, a report found on Wednesday. Trends of several sub-indexes in the Provincial Governance and Public Administration Performance Index over 2011-17 period. — VNA/VNS Infographic According to the 2017 Viet Nam Provincial Governance and Public Administration Performance Index (PAPI) – a nationwide survey of more than 14,000 citizens selected across 63 localities, 33 localities demonstrated clear progress in addressing corruption. Citizens, meanwhile, thought six localities – Dong Thap, Dak Lak, Ha Giang, Hai Phong, Hung Yen and Dak Nong – were going backwards in tackling corruption. Despite improvements, the capital Hanoi and the business hub HCM City were in the group of poorest performers like most localities in the northern and Central Highlands regions. The United Nations Resident Coordinator and United Nations Development Programme Resident Representative in Viet Nam Kamal Malhotra noted the reversal of the downward trend since 2013 in control of corruption in the public sector, as citizens reported improvements in both their perceptions and personal experiences. “However, the PAPI scores are still below… Read full this story
- IMF: Corruption causes states across the world to lose USD 1 trillion in tax revenue every year
- ‘We do not need corruption to build wealth’ – Clyde Puli
- S Africa's Heroin Crisis Taking Toll on Economic Growth – Reports
- Argentine Economy in Free Fall Ahead of Elections Despite IMF Aid – Reports
- How one building reflects the Chinese economy’s struggle with itself
- “End Golden Visas ASAP”, says special European Parliamentary committee
- Investing in Russia’s Future
- Vietnam's farmers fight for their land
- Ministers defend Theresa May's 'pathetic' £1.6bn Brexit 'bribe'
- The Democrats’ dilemma
Corruption better controlled: report have 278 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at May 4, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.