Environmental impact far outweighs economic benefits of air travel, Letters, April 27
Letter writer David Evans makes a good point when he writes that the environmental impact of air travel outweighs the benefits, but he misses the crucial factor — that most of the people who suffer the environmental impact don’t get the economic benefits; and the people who get the economic benefits don’t suffer from the environmental impact.
Given that the people who get the economic benefits are mostly wealthier and have more power than the people who suffer the environmental benefits, it’s no surprise that politicians (who are among the beneficiaries) support air travel.
Andy Turnbull, Toronto
- Digital or physical? The case for the environmental impact of our gaming
- How to make your PC more environmentally friendly
- DWP 'punishing' low-paid full-time workers under new benefits rule
- The Trump China tariffs could impact more than just PS4 prices
- Blizzard have no plans on flying mounts in Warlords of Draenor, or beyond
- TellTale Games Offers PC Game Bundle To Benefit Charities
- Earth’s oldest rock sent flying to the MOON in asteroid smash 4billion years ago – and brought home by Apollo 14 astronauts
- Feathers, orbs, and shame: how modern collectibles have failed us (and how they can do better)
- Why do we always play as good guys? The psychology behind moral choices in games
- Pokémon Go Weather effects system explained: Benefits and boosts you can expect during Sun, Cloudy, Snow, Fog, Rain and Windy weather
- How Much Memory Do You Need For Games?
- Kickstarter CEO discusses company's new charter, goals for the gaming space
- Nintendo Direct Details Xenoblade Chronicles X
- San Franciscans angry over THQ balloon stunt
- Nord Stream 2: Climate activists get into gas pipeline in Germany
- A generational shift powered Twitch's transformation into cultural phenomenon
- Cities: Skylines - Green Cities does an excellent job of spreading the vegan cause
- AMD and Nvidia won’t talk about crypto-currency mining… and that’s a worry for gamers
- Massive Fortnite Update Adds New Weapons, Gear, and 4K Resolution for Xbox One X
- Pokémon Go is everything wonderful about tourism
Your letters: Economic benefits outweigh environmental impact for those doing the flying have 351 words, post on www.thestar.com at April 29, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.