It is “beyond reasonable doubt” that Russia was behind the nerve agent attack on a former Russian double agent living in southern England, the UK security minister has said. The strong statement comes after British chemical weapons experts from the Porton Down facility said earlier this week they had not, in fact, proven the chemical came from Russia – just the Novichok type of nerve agent used in the poisoning.The scientists’ words appeared to contradict statements from Foreign Minister Boris Johnson, and his department was forced to delete tweets stating Porton Down had proved the chemical’s origins. However the British government was reportedly able to use other intelligence sources, on top of the chemical analysis, which led them to blame Russia alongside almost all other Western nations.Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, who had initially backed Russia’s line on the attempted murders, appeared to suggest the confusion vindicated his approach on Wednesday, and Sergei Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister, said that Britain had “legitimate questions” to answer. Russian officials have also called a meeting of the UN Security Council and sought to question British reliability by highlighting “lies by Tony Blair” over the presence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. But Thursday… Read full this story
- UK never asked to interview Salisbury suspects, claims Russian ambassador
- Britain to confront Russia over Salisbury novichok attack
- Novichok victim asks ambassador: 'Did Russia kill my girlfriend?'
- Russia 'front of the queue' when it comes to hacking, says security minister
- UK and Australia blame Russian GRU for quartet of cyber attacks
- Man confronts Russian ambassador about poison attack that killed girlfriend
- Trump administration says Russia helping Syria cover up sarin attack
- Putin furiously denies claims Stalin started World War 2
- Cambodia's ISPs hit by some of the biggest DDoS attacks in the country's history
- Australia should name parliament cyber attackers
UK Govt After Blunder Now Claims ‘Beyond Reasonable Doubt’ Russia Behind Nerve Agent Attack have 300 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 5, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.