Democracy Dies in Darkness Sections Home Subscribe Try 1 month for $1 Username Sign In Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Subscribe Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Accessibility for screenreader Post Politics by David Nakamura by David Nakamura Email the author April 18 at 8:40 AM Email the author PALM BEACH, Fla. — What happens when you show up for a high-stakes geopolitical summit half a world away — and your host is wearing the same outfit? If you’re Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and your host is President Trump, you do what any respectable fashionista would do: You make a quick change to alleviate the awkwardness. That’s what Abe, who has worked hard to ingratiate himself with Trump, did on Tuesday after arriving at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort and being greeted by the U.S. president in an identical blue-and-white striped necktie. Here’s a photo from Mandel Ngan of Agence France-Presse: As The Washington Post has written, Abe has been the world’s most eager suitor of Trump, becoming the first foreign leader to visit him after the 2016 election and meeting with him more often than any other. In November,… Read full this story
- Japan urges Biden to be strong in support of Taiwan against China
- PM Modi awarded ‘Legion of Merit’ by Donald Trump
- Trump presents PM Modi with US honour 'Legion Of Merit'
- 'Deeply honoured' at being awarded Legion of Merit by US President Donald Trump: PM Narendra Modi
- 'Big day in Israel. Congratulations!' Trump tweets jubilantly at official opening by Jared and Ivanka of U.S. embassy in Jerusalem - as bloody day of violence sees Israeli snipers kill 52 and injure 2,400
- Here's Where Trump and Biden Stand on 25 Major Issues
- US Election results 2020 RECAP: Biden labels Trump an 'embarrassment' for refusing to concede
- 'Read what you wrote, h**!' Lana Del Rey tells superfan to 'go f**k herself' for claiming she voted for Donald Trump amid the US election
- 'Let's do this!': Pelosi AGREES with Trump after he threatened to VETO relief bill unless Congress increases checks from $600 to $2,000 - as Dems reveal Christmas Eve measure that will see amount boosted as long as no lawmaker objects
- John Bolton says Donald Trump is NOT 'fit for office' and is incompetent as furious president calls former aide a 'sick puppy' and says book is 'pure fiction to make me look bad' - undermining bid to ban it from publication
Trump, Japan’s Abe work on strengthening ties — but also change them after awkward coincidence have 403 words, post on www.washingtonpost.com at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.