THE PROGNOSIS Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator Seema Verma. (AP Photo/Jonathan Mattise) The Trump administration is trying its darndest to rewrite Obamacare since Congress has largely failed to erase it. Officials yesterday took their biggest steps yet to roll back the health-care law’s regulations, showing they’re intent on dampening the law’s effects wherever possible. States will get much more wiggle room in determining whether plans are generous enough to meet Affordable Care Act standards. Some insurers could be allowed to spend more on overhead. And more Americans may duck the law’s individual mandate to buy coverage. That’s all according to a massive, final notice the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued late Monday afternoon. “Ultimately the law needs congressional action to repeal, but until the law changes we won’t stand idly by as Americans suffer,” CMS Administrator Seema Verma told reporters on a phone call. The latest move can be seen as part of the administration’s strategy of shrinking the ACA as much as possible while remaining within its legal boundaries. We’ve seen several efforts by President Trump and Health and Human Services officials to ease what they view as egregious insurer regulations that are boosting premiums, including an expansion of alternative health plans not subject to the same… Read full this story
- The Cybersecurity 202: Trump's ZTE reversal flouts warnings from top national security officials
- Senate Republicans Want Trump's Effort to Kill Obamacare to Fail
- Trump’s New ‘Work-For-Welfare’ Rules Protect Poor Whites at the Expense of Black People
- Trump Administration Dramatically Expands Global Gag Rule on Abortion
- Trump administration officials head to California in bid to tackle homelessness
- Farmers’ loyalty to Trump tested over new corn-ethanol rules
- Trump Administration Official Believes Condom Use 'Robs a Woman' of 'Remarkable Chemicals' Found in Semen
- The NIH Is Looking Into Whether Its Officials Begged Big Alcohol to Fund Major Drinking Study
- Trump Promises ‘Phenomenal’ Health Plan. What Might That Mean?
- Big Chicken Wants Trump to Gut Bird Law
The Health 202: Trump health officials rewrite big Obamacare rules have 331 words, post on www.washingtonpost.com at April 10, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.