Democracy Dies in Darkness Sections Home Subscribe Try 1 month for $1 Username Sign In Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Subscribe Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Accessibility for screenreader Politics Analysis Analysis Interpretation of the news based on evidence, including data, as well as anticipating how events might unfold based on past events by Philip Bump by Philip Bump Email the author April 5 at 2:08 PM Email the author Billionaire Robert Mercer speaks on the phone during the 12th International Conference on Climate Change hosted by the Heartland Institute on March 23, 2017, in Washington, D.C. (Oliver Contreras/The Washington Post) We may never know how much money billionaire Robert Mercer put into political activity during the 2016 election cycle. For one thing, the definition of political spending is surprisingly nebulous. Does his co-ownership of Breitbart News during the 2016 campaign count? For another, some portion of Mercer’s spending probably went to “dark money” organizations, nonprofit groups that aren’t required to publish their donor lists but can spend money on political activity. On Thursday, the Center for Responsive Politics reported on one example of Mercer contributing to just… Read full this story
- Labour seeks budget change to increase tax on top 5% of earners
- Ian Desmond blew $100 million. Don’t feel bad for him.
- For Virgil, the million dollar quest continues
- Detroit Tigers’ dilemma: Rebuild for future, or reload for 2016?
- Will the Nats continue their makeover by trading their top lefty?
- 5 players the Rams must move on from in 2016
- Bledsoe remains Suns’ top free-agent priority
- NBPA hires Michele Roberts as new executive director
- Jay Onrait and Dave Hodge’s top albums of 2014 for your listening pleasure
- Jaguars owner Shad Khan expects winning record in 2016
The amount Robert Mercer spent on politics in 2016 probably topped $30 million have 284 words, post on www.washingtonpost.com at April 5, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.