THE mum who died in the Southwest Airlines accident was sucked out of the plane despite wearing her seatbelt, it has emerged. Authorities have released further details about the death of banking executive Jennifer Riordan, who was killed when the the twin-engine 737 blew an engine at 30,000ft on Tuesday. Air traffic control audio from moment Southwest Airlines jet engine exploded during flight near New York The shrapnel broke a plane window and partially sucking the 43-year-old out of the plane. Spokesman James Garrow of the Philadelphia Department of Public Health said last night that Riordan’s death was accidental. National Transportation Safety Board chairman Robert Sumwalt said Ms Riordan, who was sitting next to a window, was wearing a seatbelt before she was partially sucked out of the plane. Riordan, who was on her way home to Albuquerque, New Mexico, was pulled back inside by heroic passengers but died shortly after. Riordan, who was on her way home to Albuquerque, New Mexico, was pulled back inside by heroic passengers and crew after the aircraft was pierced by shrapnel. Marty Martinez, who live-streamed the emergency landing from two rows behind her, said “there was blood everywhere”. He said passengers desperately tried to… Read full this story
- Southwest Airlines kicks off Hawaii flights with $100 roundtrips
- Report: FAA gave Southwest “preferential treatment” in approving Hawaii flights
- Why don't the Queen, Prince Philip and the royal family always wear seatbelts?
- Singapore Airlines to start fifth weekly flight on Kolkata-Singapore route
- Flybe: 'Disappointment' as struggling airline scraps Newquay to Heathrow flights
- Southwest Expands Flights From Oakland To Hawaiian Islands
- Super Bowl 2020 Ticket Packages: How to Book Flights, Hotels and Travel to Miami to See Chiefs vs. 49ers
- Southwest cancels THOUSANDS more flights as the airline grounds Boeing's 737 MAX planes through June
- The theories and contradictions in Ukraine Airlines crash in Iran
- Southwest extends 737 MAX cancellations through June 6
Southwest Airlines mum Jennifer Riordan was sucked out of flight 1380 despite wearing her seatbelt have 316 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 20, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.