After exploring a run, state Rep. William Tong has made it official — he is running for state attorney general.A Stamford Democrat, Tong has run for various offices in recent years, including U.S. Senate in 2012 and mayor of his hometown in 2013.An attorney who graduated from Brown University and the University of Chicago law school, Tong is now seeking to be the state’s top lawyer.“This is a deeply personal fight for me,’’ Tong said in an email on his announcement. “My parents came here as immigrants with almost nothing. They worked seven days a week. 15 hours a day. We’ve had to fight for every inch.’’He wrote, “If you are like us. If you come from working people. Or if you are a person of color. A woman. Or if you just want decent health insurance. The President of the United States has declared war on you and your family. And, that’s why I am running for Attorney General. The Attorney General is the first and last line of defense against the powerful forces bearing down on us in Connecticut.’’As co-chairman of the legislature’s judiciary committee, Tong was a strong supporter of Andrew McDonald to be the next chief… Read full this story
- Former DOJ officials call on Attorney General Barr to resign
- Over 1,100 former US Justice Dept. officials call on Attorney General Barr to resign
- 39 Elected Prosecutors Say Attorney General William Barr's Criminal Justice Vision Unfairly Punishes Minorities, Poor People
- Former acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker: Russia 'trying to interfere in 2020'
- Rod Rosenstein Expected to Depart From White House Once New Attorney General Is Appointed: Reports
- Letitia James Has Taken Control of New York’s Attorney General Race
- Should Facebook, Google be liable for user posts? asks US Attorney General Barr
- Trump tweets test Attorney General Barr
- Over 2,000 Former Department of Justice Officials Want Attorney General William Barr to Resign
- Attorney General William Barr's Actions Are 'Remarkably Not Normal,' Says Legal Historian
Rep. William Tong Officially Running for CT Attorney General have 324 words, post on www.courant.com at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.