Democracy Dies in Darkness Sections Home Subscribe Try 1 month for $1 Username Sign In Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Subscribe Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Accessibility for screenreader Wonkblog Analysis Analysis Interpretation of the news based on evidence, including data, as well as anticipating how events might unfold based on past events by Danielle Paquette by Danielle Paquette Email the author April 10 at 3:51 PM Email the author Chinese President Xi Jinping and President Trump have disagreed on trade. (Carlos Barria/Reuters) Chinese tariffs could threaten business in thousands of U.S. counties that voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election, shrinking sales for soybean farmers and pork producers. But 15 of the 20 counties with the most jobs at risk supported Democrat Hillary Clinton, according to a new analysis from the Brookings Institution. Blue states such as Washington and California, cradles of aerospace and wine production, stand to lose access to one of the world’s fastest-growing markets if the trade war between the United States and China escalates, said economist Mark Muro, who co-authored the report. The Asian giant could slap tariffs on 234 American products, including… Read full this story
- Internet to Split as US, China Tech War Intensifies but Biden Government May Ease Tensions, CEO Says
- Australia's Trade Minister accuses China of breaching its own deals as tariff war worsens
- Cheers! World Urged to Drink Australian Wine to Hit Back at ‘Authoritarian Bully’ Xi Jinping
- Democrats bet Perdue's stock trades can sway runoff
- Whether Trump or Biden wins in November, Beijing will be hoping to reset the US-China relationship
- Shutdown clash looms after Democrats unveil spending bill
- Trump said the stock market would crash if Biden won. The Dow is having its best month since 1987.
- Outgoing US ambassador to China blames Beijing for coronavirus as he heads home to help Trump
- Pavlich: Democrat's coronavirus class war
- For struggling Kern County, Trump means hope and change
Planes, plastics and wine: Trump’s trade war could hit Democrats where it hurts have 317 words, post on www.washingtonpost.com at April 10, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.