0 Comments Peter Robinson: ‘I never fought with Martin McGuinness and if he’d been healthy things could have been different’ BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Former First Minister Peter Robinson has said that he and former Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness never had a severe falling out with each other when they worked in government together. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/peter-robinson-i-never-fought-with-martin-mcguinness-and-if-hed-been-healthy-things-could-have-been-different-36800075.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article35966956.ece/685d8/AUTOCROP/h342/2017-07-26_new_33175336_I1.JPG Email Former First Minister Peter Robinson has said that he and former Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness never had a severe falling out with each other when they worked in government together. The former DUP leader also said that he believed things may have been different had Mr McGuinness not been in ill-health when he resigned from his position in January 2017. Mr Robinson, in his first major interview since his retirement told BBC Radio Ulster’s Stephen Nolan Show that he got on well with Martin McGuinness when they worked together and that the pair always remained on speaking terms, even when they disagreed. “I don’t think I ever questioned Martin McGuinness adherence to the principles of the St Andrews Agreement,” he said. “I think he was someone who wanted Stormont and the agreement to work and wanted to make progress. “Every day we were having… Read full this story
- Things to do with kids in and around Merseyside this summer
- How The Open inspired a political miracle to return to Portrush
- 'This shouldn’t surprise anyone'
- This is an Open we can all feel a part of
- Alex Kane: Against all the odds, might Stormont be on way back?
- Golf: Harrogate GC hold their AGM
- Letters to the Editor: 'Etch their names for ever'
- Mayor refuses to comment on letter from IRA man’s family
- What’s on TV tonight: Poldark, the BBC Proms and Dragons' Den
- How Portrush prepared to create an Open legacy
Peter Robinson: 'I never fought with Martin McGuinness and if he'd been healthy things could have been different' have 319 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at April 12, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.